The final episode of the fourth season of K-Pop Star aired on April 12th with the winner not only taking home 300 million won, but has also announced the agency they have chosen to join!
Aired on April 12th, Katie Kim took the winning crown as fourth season winner, while Jung Seung Hwan became runner-up. Katie Kim was quoted saying that she was grateful, and said, “The judges are really the best.”
In addition, Katie Kim took no time in choosing between the three agencies represented by the judges — YG Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, Antenna Music — and chose YG.
Singing “I Want To Fall In Love” originally sung by Kim Jo Han, she received critical acclaim for her rendition of the track. J.Y. Park gave her a 98 points, Yoo Hee Yeol 98 points, and Yang Hyun Suk 99 points, thus awarding her a whooping 295 points for the stage.
On another stage, she sing J.Y. Park’s “You’re The One,” which she won 296 points — 99 points from the original singer and judge, 97 points from Yoo Hee Yeol, and 99 points from Yang Hyun Suk.
Of course, the scores were not completely based on the judges alone. While 40% of the total score was based on the points given by the judges, the remaining 60% was based on the live audience’s votes.
Congratulations to Katie Kim, and look out for her soon as a YG Entertainment artist!
Source: My Daily