Suzy has been slowly making her own name as an actress. She started with roles in teen dramas such as Dream High, and later moved on to bigger roles in K-Dramas such as Big and Vagabond. She recently took on the starring role in Coupang Play original, Anna.
She played a young high schooler that grew up under difficult circumstances and had to fight to make a living.
She showed off great acting skills to portray a young lady in despair and at the bottom rung of the food chain.
Later, she takes on a fake identity and forges educational documents and more in order to ascend in society.
She successfully managed to live a life entirely different from her original.
It was reported that Suzy had slept less in order to commit to the role of a tired worker bee who had given up on life.
Not only was her acting amazing, but her visuals also elevated the drama as she fit the role of an elegant society woman perfectly.
Viewers were left in awe at her beauty.
Her acting was highly raved about and many dubbed Anna as Suzy‘s best work to date.
- “She really seems to have the best face possible for an actress. Her bare face is pure and she’s able to pull off a poor girl role but when she dolls up opulently, she’s no joke… I think that she can make use of this difference and widen her spectrum of roles. Her voice is good and her acting is soo. The directing was also really great and the BGM at the end was charming.”
- “[explaining the symbolic ending]You can interpret the deer as her mom. When her mom was in the nursing home, she talked about her dream and in the dream, she was a deer who was looking at Yu Mi from afar. Yu Mi looked very sad. The director laid down this set up in advance… and when Yu Mi was in danger of being locked in the psychiatric hospital, the deer came and saved her. The director was foreshadowing this.”
- “Her acting is one thing but her visuals are so fun to watch and it was fun watching her wear over 150 outfits… But why does she suit caps so well?”
- “I was very impressed by Suzy’s acting too. She suited the role of Anna to a T. I felt that she improved so much and she’ll be one to watch in the future. And I thought Kim Jun Han‘s acting was insane. He was the best. Jung Eun Chae also suits the immature rich daughter role even though I don’t mean this in a malicious way towards her. Her vibes were solid.”
- “Her vibes in Anna were solid and her acting was so great too.”
Suzy has slowly built up her repertoire over 11 years and it seems like she has finally achieved recognition with her amazing role in Anna.