BTOB‘s Ilhoon made headlines recently for his marijuana allegations and the investigation that has been launched since. While nothing has yet been proven, netizens have been busy trying to solve the investigation themselves. In the midst of the controversy, the rest of the BTOB members are also getting swept up as netizens argue that they knew about Ilhoon smoking marijuana. One netizen stepped forward with a personal testimony trying to debunk these allegations.
On an online community, a netizen has stepped forward with a descriptive explanation as to why it might have been possible for the other BTOB members to not have known about Ilhoon smoking marijuana. Here is what they had to say.
I currently live in America and here, there are dispensaries selling marijuana everywhere. I am leaving this comment here because it seems like there are many people who don’t know much about marijuana. The smell of marijuana is definitely potent but the smell doesn’t linger or seep into your body every time you smoke.
They revealed their personal exposure to marijuana and why they believe Ilhoon was able to hide his smoking habit.
Every weekend here in America, there are parties and at these parties, there are always people who smoke and they don’t smell like it at all. Also, there are people here that smoke marijuana religiously and they only smell like it when they smoke it but not regularly. There are people here who are comparing the smell to the smell of cigarettes but that’s if you smoke boxes of cigarettes a week.
They continued on with their testimony by explaining why it’d be extremely difficult for Ilhoon to be caught smelling like marijuana.
Marijuana is expensive and illegal in Korea so it’s hard to find. Even if you wanted to, you can’t smoke it often. My question is, even if you smoke marijuana everyday it doesn’t smell, so how could Jung Ilhoon smell like it if he didn’t smoke it often? I just wanted to give you the straight facts. I personally like BTOB but all the comments about the smell and ‘how there’s no way that the other members didn’t know about his habit’ are being said by people who don’t have credibility.
They continued on by revealing more facts about what they knew about the situation.
Also, it wasn’t Jung Ilhoon who bought it with bitcoin but an acquaintance. He only gave cash and went to a different location to smoke for a bit so of course the other members would have no idea about his habit. Don’t sit there and question whether or not the group’s ‘clean’ image was fake.
To this netizen’s testimony, many other netizens came forward with their thoughts on the matter. Here’s what they had to say.
- “I’ve been sitting here with my mouth shut because I don’t know much about this topic but I’m glad I did. Thank you for sharing.”
- “Man this is funny. I also lived in America and I’ve lived here for a long time. Whoever wrote that testimony clearly doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Even if you smoke marijuana just once, it gets into your clothes, hair, everywhere. My apartment roommate smokes it so I know. It definitely would have made his hair or clothes smell at least once.”
- “People ask how the members wouldn’t know if they claim to be like family. My family didn’t find out that I had a boyfriend for a year and my friend, her family doesn’t know she’s dating and it’s been 4 years. Just because they are family doesn’t mean they know everything.”
- “I go back and forth between hating Jung Ilhoon to liking him, hating him to liking him. It changes every 5 minutes.”
- “I wonder if the rest of the BTOB members will have to pluck their hairs and undergo a drug test because of him.”
Ever since the allegations made headlines, there has been a constant back and forth between netizens, even though there has yet to be any proof. Meanwhile, there has been no official update on the investigation regarding Ilhoon’s marijuana allegations.