At the 2018 SBS Gayo Daejeon that aired this Christmas, Hwasa joined MAMAMOO in performing their hits “Starry Night” and “Wind Flower.”
Hwasa wore an all black ensemble of hot pants, corset and garter belt.
However, a group of K-Netizens felt that the lingerie-inspired stage concept didn’t “fit” with the audience and once again branded her choice of outfit as provocative.
- “All the other members’ outfits were fine but she keeps coming out naked in order to stand out… Please stop now.”
- “There are a lot of people watching this with their families on Christmas. It’s too much. Hwasa would still have been amazing with more clothes on.”
- “Even if you’re in charge of the sexy concept, I think this has crossed the line.
- “I’m so embarrassed. If you wore proper clothing, we would have focused more on your performance. I don’t understand why you do this.”
- “We watch this with our kids. It was inappropriate.”
They went as far as to say that it wasn’t a matter of having the “American” mind but that they found it “controversial” and “dirty”.
- “Wear it on your concert not on public broadcast”
- “Fans defending them about the “Billboard” or “American mindset” are funny even when they claim that her outfits are only controversial because of her hot body. If these outfits are “normal” then we should see them wearing thongs and fishnets corsets in the summer…”
- “Some people can be sexy with just a look and MAMAMOO is not that. She has to be naked to look sexy but ends up looking closer to dirty…”
On the other hand, many of her fans defended her choice of outfit. They praised her for being the sexy queen that defies all hater!
Before you talk shit about Hwasa’s outfit why not talk shit about how your oppas ripped their shirt wears crop top
— winner withdrawal symptom 😭 (@tkkkkkkx) December 26, 2018
Hwasa really said ‘Merry Christmas’ to me with this outfit huh? 🔥 pic.twitter.com/HYQi1jz69o
— 🥀 (@hwasassin) December 25, 2018
knetz criticized hwasa's outfit in their concert so she made the top more transparent pic.twitter.com/zW9NfWwd5I
— ؘ (@jisgzb) December 25, 2018
HWASA WITH ANOTHER I DONT GIVE A FUK ABOUT WHAT YALL KNETZ HAVE TO SAY OUTFIT QUEEN FKN SALAYEDDD
— Sundus🌙✨ (@sundus_o2) December 25, 2018
QUEEN HWASA GIVING ZERO F UCKS TO NAYSAYERS ON HER CHOICE OF STAGE OUTFITS I LOVE HER SO MUCH SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL I LOVE MAMAMOO pic.twitter.com/nvDWepxvFA
— amz (@2younggirls) December 25, 2018
#lrt that outfit? Soooo sexyful.. get it, Hwasa AND MAMAMOO. 💯💯
— *•.¸♡ คsɧ ♡¸.•* (@darkN2light) December 26, 2018
Hwasa is not new to these criticisms. She’s received multiple “controversial” labels for her choice of outfit at the 2018 MAMA.
No one’s stopping Queen Hwasa anytime soon!