What makes SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment different then any other agencies as the “Big 3”? Netizens discussed in a recently published online thread.
Published on September 20th with a title “SM YG JYP,” the original poster listed out the following as what differentiates each agency from one another. They break down each agencies’ most popular artists, fans, and how promotions are handled explained in a short statement.
“SM – Artist: They cast first and than train them in their arts (there are exceptions)
– Fans – A large portion of their fandom are female. The company doesn’t really take care of fans (f(x)). However, their album packaging quality is such that fans hoard them.
– Always surprises fans with new concepts and attemps
– Shinhwa, H.O.T, S.E.S, Fly To The Sky, TVXQ, Girls’ Generation, Super Junior, EXO, f(x), SHINee, Red Velvet
– Their songs sound weird at first but are extremely addictive
YG – Artist: Has distinctive music, essential to know how to write a song, rap
– Fans:Boy groups are more popular among males and girl groups have more female fans
– Only Mr. Yang knows when the artists will make their next comeback.
– More activities in Japan then in Korea
– BIGBANG, 2NE1, Lee Hi, Akdong Musician, WINNER, iKON
JYP – Artist: JYP prefers a distinct style of singing.
– Fans: Artists freely take care of their own fans
– They tend to team kill very frequently (for example when JYP’s ‘Who’s your Mother’ kicked Miss A off number 1)
– J.Y. Park, 2PM, 2AM, miss A, GOT7, 15&, Wonder Girls
The netizen completes the post by commenting, ” One thing these companies have in common? The quality of their music = Gooooood (SM’s quality is surprisingly great) – When artists make it people say they only made it because of their company”
[+642 / -3] SM “I didn’t know what you guys would like so I mixed everything”. YG “I don’t know what you guys like so I’m not going to show you anything.” JYP “I don’t know what you guys like so I’m going to perform myself.” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
[+273 / -2] All 3 companies have distinct strengths and weaknesses. One thing that’s for sure is that it’s impossible to replace any of these companies as things stand right now.
[+268 / -5] For real with YG when an artist makes a comeback, only their CEO know when they’ll make a comeback next ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ…like WINNER. They’re rookies but they haven’t made a comeback in over a year..While other idols had 3 albums WINNER had only 1…