Although MBC‘s Infinite Challenge is one of the most beloved variety shows in Korea, its cast members have recently come under fire.
In discussion of who they would bring on the “My Ugly Friend” episode of the show, the five cast members mentioned several popular celebrities they considered to be unattractive, upsetting many netizens. Although they mentioned many names, including soccer player Park Ji Sung, actor Ryu Jun Yeol, and BIGBANG‘s Taeyang, many netizens criticized the cast members for judging the celebrities for their faces.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- I felt uncomfortable watching this too…
- It’s true that there were some unsettling parts…
- Why do they have to make a show out of people’s looks?
- I thought it was funny
- It was funny but I felt like they were being a little risky doing this
- I laughed but I guess if I were those celebrities’ fan I would be angry too
- Daesung was alright in my opinion because Daesung himself jokes around like that too and he’s close to Yoo Jae Suk but when they started talking about athletes and other celebrities I felt a bit uncomfortable